Friday, February 17, 2012

Awesome week

This week has been awesome, especially in comparison with last week (<--hellish).  No, but for real, it would have still been awesome even if it wasn't back to back with a bad week.  On Tuesday my grandma and I went to the Lady Antebellum concert with Darius Rucker and Thompson Square opening for them.  It was so amazing--every song was perfect, and each artist/band played all of my favorite songs of theirs.

The breakdown:

I had class until 3:20 and went home and got ready.  I made it to my grandma's house by 4:45 and we drove up there.  We got there really quickly--surprisingly quick for rush hour traffic.  We bought dinner at one of the no-name fast food places in the Energy Solutions arena, ate it (I had a chicken strip/french fry basket), and then found our seats.  (Our seats actually turned out to be the wrong seats...we were in the wrong section and had to move.)  I got a t-shirt and wore it for the night.

The picture quality isn't that great...

I loved how all of the music was so perfect.  One of my favorite parts was how Charles Kelley would cue the band with his gestures/dancing, and the lights were perfectly synced.  He did it on big parts, like when the drums and guitar would come in after a quieter instrumental part.  It was amazing.  I love this group so so much.  Darius Rucker and Thompson Square were so great too--I actually cried a little bit when Thompson Square sang "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not."  It was so sweet when they sang it, and before the song ended, the husband paused and gave his wife flowers and they kissed twice.  Apparently according to a rumor I heard on the radio, they're going through a hard time in their marriage, but it didn't seem like it on Tuesday night.  I don't know what more to say about it.  I was a little sick--getting over a head cold--so I had this headache where my eyes felt a lot of pressure.  That was the only bad thing--there were some points when I just wanted to crawl into bed and I had to remind myself to live in the moment and savor every second.  I would relive that night if I could--all the music was so great.

Another funny part of the night was when we were leaving.  People are so cut-throat when it comes to getting out of parking lots.  We were next to this crazy woman that kept on inching her way forward and was angrily telling us to back up more because we were too close for her (she pulled up WAY too close to us).  There was even this girl in the backseat (she must have been like, 10) who was giving us dirty looks.  I kept watching her and smiling.  I actually was laughing, and she knew I was watching her and she would do the thing where she would look at me, then turn and look beyond me to act like she wasn't looking, then she would completely turn her head from me, and THEN look back to see if I was still looking.  Yep, I was.  Haha.  So anyways, there was this guy across the aisle from us that motioned for us to back up and drive around to get into another line.  We weren't quite sure what he was indicating, but we did anyways.  Then somehow once all the cars were gone in our line, the guy was behind us and in front of crazy woman's car.  It was his turn to leave, but he let us go.  Besides coming from an incredible concert, that made my night.  He totally stuck it to the crazy woman.

The icing on the cake from the whole night was getting a letter from Derek.  What a serious babe.  I love him so much.  I was so happy because he wrote that he misses me-- "Miss you" at the end of the letter.  So my letter back to him will go a little like this: "Dear Elder, I love you.  Please marry me when you get back."  It might be a little forward, but I anticipate it going over well.

So another good thing about this week was I totally got an awesome free t-shirt, while still being clocked in!! (I love my job so much.)  My coworker and I went to "Hug the Library" for "Love your Library Week."  In a nutshell, we linked hands around the library and smashed ourselves up against the building (which was hilarious because I was at the part of the library that had glass windows and people were eating their lunch inside, wondering what the heck was going on).  The first 400 people got to get tickets for a free t-shirt, which is actually really cute.

Here's me and Kristen holding them up--she was able to meet up with us.


If you'll notice, my hair is up...again.  I went from Sunday night to last night without showering.  Disgusting?  Yes.  Necessary?  Yes.


Here is another picture, completely unrelated to all of the previous.  My mom just added it and I really like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment