Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Lord has His eyes on me

I want to comment on how the Lord plays a significant role in your life everyday.  Sometimes (a lot of times) you don't know when/where/how, but if you look at your day at the end of the day and take the time to look for them, you'll be able to see them.  I think you'll also be able to see them more as you practice doing it.  Another thing: I think sometimes you don't know when you need it, but the Lord knows and He'll still put those special helps and angels in your pathway to help you because HE knows that you need it.  AND sometimes you'll be resistant to it, but you'll find that it meant the world to you and at some point your limited human eyes will be opened, finally seeing that you needed it.

So a couple of stories to go with all of these incredibly deep thoughts.  Last night my home teachers, Peter and Garrett took me out to get some Bluebell ice cream and tonight Danielle, one of my visiting teachers, took me out to get Yogurtland.  I pretty much scored because those are my two favorite desserts in the ENTIRE WORLD besides apple pies (which are a rare treat).  I digress.

Both times I wasn't entirely thrilled to go--I had a lot of homework.  Last night I especially didn't want to go because I wasn't in the greatest mood and it would mean having to put my real clothes back on from sweats.  Both times were so great though!  Last night I didn't realize how much the Bluebell would mean to me because it was just like a taste of home.  There's just no ice cream like Bluebell.  It was so great--I didn't realize it, but I guess I've been feeling homesick, and the Bluebell really helped.  I shouldn't put so much bulk into food, but I loved it.  A lot of my roommates have been able to see their families (their *immediate* families) throughout the semester, and I guess I've been a little jealous.  (True confessions come out.)  I felt better after last night though, and it really meant a lot to me that it was my home teachers taking the time to take me out and spend time with me.  I'm really so blessed to have them because they go above and beyond being the normal home teachers.  Same with Danielle--she took like an hour and we just talked.  We mostly talked about dating and boys, but she let me into her life and told me about her past relationships.  I felt so cool to be taken out by her.  She is so cool--I really look up to her.  She's so stylish, funny, spiritual, fit, pretty--I just really like her.  I thought it was awesome to get to hang out with her and I hope to do it again.

I felt like I should journal about these two things so I could publicly (on my little blog that no one reads) thank the Lord for giving me such amazing home and visiting teachers that care enough about me to take me out.  I'm humbled because I thought I was doing fine alone and then when they took me out to show me that they cared about me, they showed me that the Lord cares about me and is reaching out to me.  I am so thankful He showed me this, especially when I didn't realize that I needed it.

Right now I'm in the library and I should be doing my microbiology--the class I'm suffering in the most.  I think journaling ranks right up there with scripture reading, too though.

No comments:

Post a Comment