I'm not even really sure where to start, actually. How about last night?
Last night was the night Emily and I saw off Kristen and Megan to go home. We went up to City Creek to shop and have dinner as a last hurrah for the summer. I'm not going to comment on how I feel about that because I'm just going to end up rambling about how awesome it was that they stayed, how much I'll miss them, how I spent almost every spare minute with them this past week (and Spring term), how I'll feel a little lost without them... ;)
Megan helped me expand my wardrobe this week at Plato's Closet and Love Culture. Apparently I tend to stick with blacks and classy timeless items, but last night she picked out a crazy shirt for me. I'm 99% sure everyone around me thinks that I wear no color at all and need to branch out. I personally disagree with this assertion. I have several cotton t-shirts with color on them....
|Super ghetto picture in front of a mirror in the bathroom. Taken with my phone.|
I picked this blazer out for myself.
|Another ghetto picture in front of the mirror. Good thing this isn't a fashion blog.|
Megan and I went to a work party and watched Megamind with our coworkers. I had to parallel park...and this is how it turned out. Do you think I'm close enough to the edge!?
I got a pretty gnarly burn at work, pulling out chicken from the oven. Part of me likes it, but a larger part of me is bummed that it's going to scar on such a visible part of my body--my dominant hand! Now every time I look down at my hand, I'm going to end up thinking about cooking chicken at work. Nice.
Some other thoughts:
- We took some roommate pictures this week, which was fun. Here are some of the pictures. (And by "some," I mean all of the ones I'm in that I have access to on Facebook.)
|The Booty Tooch picture with Emily. Kristen and Megan looking into the store window in the background is a nice touch.|
|I couldn't do the cutsie hand pose. I just couldn't, so I didn't.|
|I like this one, but I have no idea where I was looking...|
|Impromptu stop sign picture. I don't know.|
|This one's weird because my hair looks sooo much shorter!|
|I have no idea what I was saying. I like how mine is the only "freak-out" face...|
|I'm not sure how I feel about this one.|
- At work there's the "hot kitchen" (us) and then the Dish Room in the next room over. This is where we dump all of our dirty dishes, and there's a team of probably ten or so people who wash them and put them away. Everyone in the dish room has special needs in some way or another, and it's AWESOME to walk by and say hi to them all the time. It makes my day. The other day as the hot kitchen was all eating lunch, we got to talking about them and the dynamics of their relationships. I guess one of the girls, Sandie, has "dated" almost every boy in the dish room, and they all go back and forth, dating each other. Mindy, my boss, made a comment about this that I probably won't forget for a long time. She said something to the effect of "If we all were that forgiving and loved unconditionally like they do, then there wouldn't be any single thirty year olds..." This really struck a chord with me, and I've thought about it a lot this week. Am I forgiving like a child? Do I really love unconditionally like a child would? I don't think I can truthfully answer yes to either of those questions. I need to, though.
- I got my car fixed up/ oil change on Monday.
- Taco Tuesday with the FHE group was fun.
- This week was my last "power session" at Weight Watchers, so now I'm a regular member!
- I went to Yogurtland twice this week. I'm in love.
- I'm looking forward to a Father's Day family dinner tomorrow night. That will be fun.
- Me me me. Maybe someday I'll blog about something other than me. haha.