Saturday, July 14, 2012

Envy

by Gregg Olsen.  Probably one of the worst summer reads.


I checked out the book because, well, for two reasons.  1) Look at the cover...!  I definitely judged it by its cover.  It's both eerie and intriguing.  2) It says it's by a New York Times Bestselling Author!   So it HAS to be good, right?

Not so.

It's about a girl who supposedly was murdered, but these two twins are coming to find out that it's possible that it was actually a suicide driven by cyber-bullying.  The plot line sounds interesting enough, but it drags on with new information only coming every few pages.  I keep on telling my friends that I'm already committed to the book and MUST finish it.  It's interesting enough to keep going, but boring enough to consider stopping a million times over.  I wish I wasn't so stubborn!

Last night was a fun night of rando.  ("Rando": a cute and clever word (haha) I'm using to describe the randomness of the night.)  Emily and I made banana pancakes and eggs (a fun traditional dinner with our roommates).  THEN we went to Emily's friend's art exhibit, which was  SO fun.  It was awesome to go and enjoy and analyze art.  I felt so uplifted after.  I loved talking with my friends about something intellectual when we normally just talk about everyday things.

THEN Kevin called Emily and came over to watch School of Rock with us.  It was the first time I saw it.  It was okay.  There were some funny parts, but for the most part, it was kind of painful.  I guess I'm just not a big fan of implausible movies.  During the movie Emily cut pictures for her collage.  I was going to help cut, but I can't do two things at once...unless it's a movie I've already seen.

THEN at 10:45--when the night was still young for a Friday night--we went to Smith's and got eggs...because I had the brilliant idea to try out a thing I saw on Pinterest a little while ago: brownies in an egg!!  I don't actually know how brilliant the idea was, but neither of my compadres were really coming up with anything to do either.


All we did was blow out the eggs and then soak them in salt water.  I think we're planning on making them later.  We then made French toast with half of the eggs and ate them.  I felt a little bad because 1) I don't like eating at midnight, even though I was starving.  2) I don't really think either Emily or Kevin really wanted to eat them.  I think I have a really dominant personality, and neither Emily nor Kevin wanted to say that they didn't want to eat it.  Kevin apparently ate a lot before he came here, and Emily doesn't even like French toast!  And we used half of her bread for it...!  3) Since I could tell that neither of them wanted to eat it, I felt a little like the fatty of the group, wanting to eat at midnight.  People do that all the time, right?  And I hardly do that, so it was okay this one time, right?  That awkward moment when you use all your friend's bread to make something that nobody wants to eat at midnight except you....


THEN we went to Kevin's apartment and played Just Dance for like, half an hour from 1 to 1:30.  We were going to use up all of the curfew time, dangit.  


Yep.  That's about all the rando from last night.  Yesterday I had the day-off, so during the day I did laundry, my budget, cleaned my room, and read my book.  It was a pretty good day!  Tonight is a date night, so I'll blog about that soon!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I try not to eat late at night either. One in awhile's not so bad though.

    That brownies in an egg idea is kind of interesting.

    ReplyDelete