Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

So there's a blog I follow (wydechylde) whose author (sprinkles) does this really cute "Half-Full Friday" list every Friday, listing the things she's happy for in the past week.  Here is my list that I posted on her blog.


My Happy Friday list:

Last night I got to go to see Band of Horses with two of my good friends.

I discovered two great songs this week.

I have a three day weekend--no work today!

I get to play in church on Sunday.

Tomorrow night is a Harry Potter that I'm really excited to go to.  I get to dress up as Katie Bell.  Let's just say I'm gonna be RoCkIn' It!!  Whatchaa.  Pics to come.

Tomorrow we're going to Manti.

Less than a week until I go back home to visit for two weeks!

Band of Horses was so much fun.  It actually was more of an...interesting experience than anything.  Actually, the whole day was.  I worked in the morning, from 7 to 1, then I had to clock out and come back at 2:30 for another event.  (Weird timing, I know, but that's what they wanted....)  So I went home, got my ticket, put on make-up and rushed back to work until 4.  Then I swung by and picked up Porter and Kyley, and we went to Salt Lake for this concert.  There were several food vendor tents that we got to choose from to get dinner.  I got food from this Caribbean hut--a mild creole rice bowl with chicken and mango salsa, grilled pineapple topped with coconut sauce, and then a "soca fruit punch"--pretty much all of those canned fruit nectar juices mixed together.  You know what I'm talking about.  It was still good though, because it was SO hot.

So while the first band played, Porter and Kyley and I were just chilling laying down under this tree, talking some, but not much.  That was really fun...and then when Band of Horses came out, I guess you could say that was when things got interesting.  Everyone pushed to the front, and I think every other person was either drunk, on their way to being drunk, high, or some combo of the three.  I got a little bit of a headache from all the secondhand smoke.  It was kind of funny to see someone smoking a real joint for the first time--they were really nervous about being caught and were all looking around before they passed it on to the next person.  I just looked at Porter and all he did was nod his head "yes." Haha.  "Toto, we're not in Provo anymore!"

We left the concert a little (actually, I don't know if it was just "a little") early.  Before I hit the highway, though, my car stalled out twice.  While alarming, it wasn't shocking since I recently had to get some work done.  It was still bad though--because I still had to drive an hour home.  I drove around the city a little bit to warm up the car some more, and then pulled over and said a prayer.  I was so thankful to have friends that believe in the same things I do, and that we could easily pray together.

We made it home safely, and then all chilled out together until curfew time.  Kevin and Dan both came over to say hi too.

Pretty much this whole week has been like that--chilling with the group after work.

Monday--playing "Fugitive" and then getting snow cones with everyone and hanging out at the apartment.

Tuesday--getting stuff for a barbeque (for the 24th of July), making it, going to Yogurtland and the Sumo Snow Cone Shack, going and setting off fireworks, playing SuperSmash Brothers

Wednesday--making fried rice with Kevin, going to the ward Olympic activity, coming back and chilling, playing more video games together

Thursday--Band of Horses

Last Saturday night was really fun too--we all went to Mariah's, hung out on the tramp, watched Arthur and played Just Dance and SuperSmash Brothers.

Today--got some sweet red heels on clearance.  I've had my eye out for them for some time, and today I found the perfect pair.  <3

I'm sorry if it's boring to read a list of my life.  I mostly do it for myself so I can remember.  K, I think that's it for now.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you had a pretty busy week! I can't even remember all the things I did, but I know none of it was nearly as fun as yours.

    Thanks for joining along with my Half Full Friday. I used to have 2 others who participated pretty regularly, but they have done it in awhile.

    ReplyDelete