Saturday, August 4, 2012

Deep in the Heart of Texas!!

I guess not tooooo deep in the heart, because I'm in the northeastern part in Dallas...but who's getting technical, right?

I'm home to visit for two weeks!  I've been here since Thursday morning and am here until Thursday, the 16th late at night.  It's been so great so far--wayyyy too long since my last visit--in December!! Today is a "Girls'/Guys' Day," so my mom and sister and I will be going shopping and getting pedis!!

More updates to come on being home.  Not a lot has happened so far, since I've only been home two days, and we didn't really do anything so far except for go to the library.  Everyone's so much bigger, though!  It's been great to talk with everyone all together again.

Some updates:

Awesome Harry Potter party this past Saturday night.  Pictures!

The Quidditch Team--I'm supposed to be Katie Bell...
Professor Trelawney, Professor Lockhart, Madame Pomfrey and Voldemort

Hermione, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Lupin, Harry Potter, McGonagall, Dumbledore
Barty Crouch, Jr., Bellatrix, Voldemort, and Nagini

Madame Hooch, Umbridge...Snape and Filch

Luna Lovegood and Lavender Brown
So I helped my friend Kevin with his Kingsley Shacklebolt costume.  It was SUPER last minute, so we didn't have any black face make-up or anything.  What do you do when you don't have time but you need to make someone black?  Use shoe polish, of course!  He said his face kind of burned, but then the burning went away...I don't know if that's good or not...most likely not, but it was an awesome costume.


I feel like I should write something uplifting or meaningful that will inspire all of my tons of readers other than "look at this fun Harry Potter Party!"  Here it goes: even though it's hard to trust in Heavenly Father, do it, because it always works out.  Eeep!  I need to seriously take my own advice!  Lately I've been having a hard time remembering this.  But when I look back on the summer, and remember how in the beginning I was so stressed and wasn't able to find a job, and I had a picture in my mind of how things should be...and then I found one at BYU, and everything worked out.  I think I was meant to stay.  I learned so much about myself and how to connect better with people, and work on bringing people together...It will all be okay.  The Lord plays an active role in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment