Thursday, September 6, 2012

A small but significant experience

Today as I was clocking into work for the *second* time today at 2:00 p.m. (the first shift being from 4:30 a.m. to 9:00...) I was feeling a little sorry for myself.  I was exhausted, a little stressed with school, and a little peeved at the leprous-looking action on my face (because of this new acne medicine I'm using now, just to let you know.  I haven't developed an unknown disease around my mouth, contrary to popular belief.)

Anyways, I was headed towards the door when someone considerably shorter than me turned, smiled at me and opened the door for me.  It wasn't until then that I noticed that she didn't have a left arm and it looked like her right hand wasn't fully developed.  It seemed like she struggled to open the door for me, but she did.

I was humbled and so grateful to the Lord for letting me have that experience.  I promise to be more aware of other people, and less caught up in my own insignificant problems.  I will show my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment