Sunday, September 9, 2012

The little things

So there I was, driving from my apartment on my way to my hair appointment.  I was waiting at a light right by BYU's football stadium when I happened to glance in my rearview mirror to see an older couple on a motorcycle?  Scooter?  Anyways, the wife had her arms wrapped around her husband, and was just chilling, looking around.  *This is my favorite part*--the husband looked down at his wife's arms around him and started smiling to himself.  They weren't saying anything, and the wife probably didn't know he was smiling--there was no way for her to,  unless she happened to be looking in the little mirrors at the exact same time.

It was kind of like this picture, except not... 1) They were driving, not in a field. 2) The husband was in front, the wife in back. 3) The front person's head was not turned, nor were his hands up, as described earlier.  4) Only the husband was smiling.


I thought it was very sweet.  I could picture him thinking about earlier days together on a motorcycle or something, about how they were still in love after all those years, and how much he loved being in that moment with her.

It was like seeing 10 seconds of a real-life chick-flick.  I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to have that! Just don't think it's in the cards for me though... Still, it's nice that others have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! How come you don't think that's in the cards for you, though? It totally can be!! :)

      Delete