Thursday, November 8, 2012

Taylor Swift pulls through for me again

I love Taylor Swift so much.  I know some of her songs are cliche.  I also know I fit right into the crowd she's aiming at--from 12 year-old teeny bops dreaming of someone to "like" to 21 year-old honey-dips looking for someone to LIKE.  I feel like I relate to a lot of her songs--not so much all of the break-up ones, but there's at least a line in each song that I love.

Anyways, this is one that I particularly love from her new album: "All Too Well."  The red comments are my thoughts in between the lyrics.  I think of my old friend from high school when I hear this song.

I walked through the door with you
Air was cold, but something 'bout it felt like home somehow
and I
Left my scarf there at your sister's house
And you still got it in your drawer even now (I'm think he borrowed a CD of mine that he still has.  It always felt like home at his house, too.)

Oh your sweet disposition (I thought he was cute)
And my wide eyed gaze (I have big eyes ;)
We're singing in a car getting lost upstate (We sang in the car ALL THE TIME.)
The Autumn leaves falling down like pieces in their place
And I can picture it after all these days (Yes.)
And I know it's long gone, and that magic´s not here no more (It has been a long time, but I still think about our times together even now.)
And it might be okay, but I'm not fine at all (I'm more fine than Taylor's implying here, but I still miss him.)

Cause here we are again on that little town street (like 66)
You almost ran the red cause you were looking over me (once when he was looking over at me when we were driving, he drove up on the median)
Wind in my hair I was there I remember it all too well

Photo album on my counter
Your cheeks were turning red (His mom would always tell me stories about him)
You used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin size bed
And your mother's telling stories 'bout you on the t-ball team
You tell me about your past thinking your future was me (I don't think this part applies)

And I know it's long gone, and there was nothing else I could do
And I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to

Cause here we are again in the middle of the night (We always stayed up late doing random stuff together *clean*)
We're dancing round the kitchen in the refrigerator light (We would dance to music in both of our kitchens while making food)
Down the stairs I was there I remember it all too well

And maybe we got lost in translation
Maybe I asked for too much (asking him to like me the same way)
But maybe this thing was a masterpiece
´til you tore it all up (this line and the next five lines don't really apply...?)
Running scared, I was there I remember it all too well

Hey you called me up again just to break me like a promise
So casually cruel in the name of being honest
I'm a crumbled up piece of paper lying here
Cause I remember it all all all too well

Time won't fly it's like I'm paralyzed by it
I´d like to be my old self again (I wish I could find someone to be that close to again, hanging out and being myself)
But I'm still trying to find it
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own (This doesn't really apply)
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone
But you keep my old scarf from that very first week
Cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me
You can't get rid of it, cause you remember it all too well yeah

Cause there we are again when I loved you so (I probably could say he was my first love)
Back before you lost the one real thing you've ever known
It was rare, I was there, I remember it all too well

Wind in my hair you were there you remember it all
Down the stairs you were there you remember it all
It was rare, I was there I remember it all too well


3 comments:

  1. I love this!! Her new CD is AMAZING. I haven't listened to anything but it since I got it. Okay that's a lie. It's just the only thing I've listened to in my car. Number 10 (...I'm too lazy to figure out what it's called...) is my favorite track. Not necessarily for its lyrics, but its melody....Swoon-worthy. I'm glad you still are a Taylor fan :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a semi-T Swift fan, and I definitely relate to relating (ha, didn't think that through before writing) lyrics to life situations. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now following yours!

    ReplyDelete