Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Begin Again

by my girl T. Swift.  I love her.  There are two bands/artists that I could probably honestly listen to forever and 1) never get tired and 2) always be comforted, no matter how often I listen to them.  One is Taylor Swift and the other is Rascal Flatts.  Always.

I have ten minutes to jot down some thoughts.  The thing on my mind as of late has been...change.  *Gulp!*

I freaking hate change.  I'm sorry for that little watered down expletive, but really.  It's a problem.  I couldn't even lose a tooth without also losing my mind because of the change it would create in my mouth.  Well, that and the unnecessary fear of the pain associated with losing a part of your body.

This whole past year has been one of change for me, as you know if you've been reading my little bloggio.  The job change, the boyfriend (I hate it when people refer to "the boyfriend" like that, but I just did), the housing change, one of my bffs leaving on her mission, the car change...

So I thought it would be beneficial for me to write down some times I've successfully dealt with change and how it turned out to be for my good.

The first thing that always comes to mind is when my family and I moved from Garland to Rowlett when I was in 6th grade.  It was the first time I really remember moving.  I don't think chugging along in the moving van drinking apple juice when I was three moving from Utah to Texas really counts.  So that goes without saying it was a big change for me.  We had to switch wards (in our church, switching wards basically means switching churches for the city you're in without switching what you believe in because the church is the same).  It turned out to be a great change, though, in my opinion--at that time.  Our house was bigger and better, and it backed up to a beautiful city park versus the big cement wall in Garland.  The ward was great too since it provided me with more girls my age.  I made some really close friends there.  Our friendships have since changed (changed...!) and I obviously don't live there anymore, but it was a great change for me at that time.

It was a huge change for me to get to college.  I don't remember this very well, but I'm pretty sure my parents dragged me all the way to Utah.  It was hard to get me here.  My biggest concerns were 1) starting my life all over, meeting new people, 2) dealing with the extreme climate change (although come to find out, it's not that bad), and 3) adjusting to the culture shock of everyone and their dog being Mormon up here.  I'm Mormon, too, but I didn't know what it would be like for everyone to be Mormon.  It turns out, all three of these things have been wonderful changes in my life.  I have met friends that have become family to me here, and it's great being surrounded by so many fantastic people.  I also don't mind the snow *as much*, and the weather is really beautiful year round.

Another time I can think of is...losing my teeth.  I'm pretty grateful I don't still have my baby teeth.  Change can be good, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment