Friday, March 15, 2013

Everyone and their dog is...

Either going on a mission or getting married.  But I'm just getting more awesome.

Last night I was talking to my mom (I love talking to her and the family on the phone) and the conversation went a little like this.

Mom: So today is the first day I'm giving up chocolate for 100 days.  It ends on June 21.

Me, choking a little bit: Haha, you crazy??

Her: Haha, right?  So this friend started a Facebook group...

Me, listening and realizing she and a bunch of other people are dead serious about it: Wow, I'll join you.  I'll do it too.

I couldn't even believe my own mouth.  It was one of those out-of-body experiences that people talk about.  You know, like in church when a return missionary in church talks about how the Spirit prompted him to say something completely random and he didn't realize he was saying it until it was out of his mouth, and then investigator breaks down and practically gets baptized right on the spot, all because of this one comment?  Well, it was kind of like that, but a lot less spiritual.  The only connection is that I heard the words coming out of my mouth before I knew what was going on.

Chocolate is like my lifeline.  If 1) it didn't make me fat and 2) it were possible, I would carry around chocolate in one of those hiking backpack pouches with an obnoxiously long straw and suck it up all the dang day long.

So this is it.  Let it be known to my faithful blog followers and the world that I'm giving up choco for a better bodayy. 

When I make it, I'm going to buy myself a new pair of whatever shoes I want (within reason.  Less than $100.  Don't judge.  This is big.)

K, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Let's give it up for those 'words coming out of your mouth before you knew what you were saying' experiences! ;)
    I'm really so happy that you're joining us, Bethany! You are so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete