Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Second Day of March-o!

So here it is, the first entry of March!

I don't really have anything planned to write out today.  Nothing creative except updates from my life.

So here we go.

Um, I got a new car!!  Yay!!

It's a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo.  I love it.  I got it this morning.  Well, if you must know the details of the car-purchasing timeline, it goes a little something like this.  Hit it!  Yo check it out, guess what happened to me!  Wait, no, I'm not writing Aaron Carter lyrics...


Last Saturday, my grandparents drove me to Layton AND Ogden to check out two cars.  HUGE shout out to them.  For those of you not familiar with Utarhd, Layton and Ogden are like, an hour and a half away from Provo.  So we left around 1 and didn't get back until 8. That is just so huge.  We first checked out a little silver Hyundai Elantra and then a Mitsubishi Galant.  The Hyundai didn't work because it 1) had a lot of play in the wheel, which I'm not okay with and 2) the heat didn't work, which I'm way more than not okay with.  There was also a chunk missing out of the wheel (like the driver got hungry and took a freakish bite out of the wheel or something) and the passenger seat had a big coke spill on it.  Nice, right?  Anyways, the title wasn't technically cleared, either.  The guy said it was in Utah but not California which was too much shady town for me right there.

Then we went to Ogden and checked out the Mitsubishi.  It was a good car, I could tell.  It had a slight odor to it, though.  It wasn't a bad odor--just air freshener--but it was supposedly masking a smoke smell.  There was also other wear on the interior.  The biggest problem, however, was the owner's asking price--$6000, even though the car was really only worth $5000.  I offered 55 (pronounced "five-five," representing $5500.  That's right, you can be impressed with my car-buying knowledge.)  They took it, but after talking to my mom and aunt, (huge shout out to them for helping me see the light) I realized I shouldn't offer that much.  So it didn't work out.  But like I've said in past blog entries, thank goodness I don't write my life, right?  The Lord had something better in store for me.

I found this car on ksl.com (like a local Utah Craig's list).  I looked at it on Monday with my grandma and settled the title this morning with my grandpa.  So far I've only driven it from the girl's house to the bank, then to the girl's house, then my apartment, then my grandparent's house (where I currently am).  I love the way it drives, and I think it's so cute!

A couple of crazy things about it: 1) it has crank windows!!  What the--!?  How is it that a car that is 5 years younger than my other car has CRANK windows??  2) The middle back seat as a TWO click seatbelt...like, you have to click it across yourself, and then over your lap!  Google it if you don't know what this is.  3) It doesn't have electric door locks--I have to manually unlock everything AND lock the driver's door from the outside. 4) It doesn't have electric rearview mirror adjustors--there's this little lever on each side that you manually adjust.  I can't take all of this manual stuff.  JK, JK.

I want to write more, but I have to go change my laundry right now.  And then go eat dinner.  Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat, tell you all about it when I got the time!

1 comment: