Thursday, March 28, 2013

So guess what my dog and I are doing?

We're going on a mission!!  Yay!!  That's the plan yo.  Wow, I have a lot to update.  A lot can happen in 13 days, huh?

So where were we in the story of my life?  Oh yes, I was complaining about how everyone's either getting married or going on a mission.  Welp, I've jumped on that bandwagon (I hate cliches), and I'm gonna get this girl on a mission!  What changed, you may ask, since I was so adamantly opposed to it?

Several things (in no particular order).

1) I got reeeeeeeeee-jected from the Dietetics program, so I needed a new game plan for the next year.  Some of the options included completely changing my major, retaking some prerequisites and trying again next year, or going on a mission.  I think those were pretty much my only three options.
2) I actually HAVE been praying about it this past year, trying to figure out if it was right for me or not.  This past year I've felt like the answer was "not right now, just wait," and now that feeling is gone.  I feel like now would be perfect timing.
3) I feel like I need the time for self-discovery and time off from school.  I think this will be a great opportunity for me to help me grow in ways that I can't imagine right now.  I also think it will give me time to have some clarity with what major I want to do (get? study?)  I'm not so sure I want to do dietetics.  We'll see.
4) I want to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I want to bear my testimony of Him to others and share with others the reason why I'm so happy and at peace.  I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life, and it has changed me and my life forever.
5) I want to serve the Lord and know in my heart that I did everything I could to serve Him at this time.  I think this will give me peace.

It scares me to death.

1) I'll have to get my wisdom teeth out.  This is coming from the girl who can barely take shots.  I'm pretty sure I've blogged about this phobia I have in the past, but I was about to melt down when I had to get my blood taken recently.  I almost hyperventilated before I had to get all of the shots before I came here to school.  I haven't gotten a flu shot since I moved out.  Have I driven this point home yet?
2) The thought of going to a foreign country, as exciting as that sounds, also sounds completely terrifying.  I haven't ever left the country before, much less lived anywhere other than Utah or Texas for more than two weeks!!
3) I am afraid of losing touch with my friends and not being as close to them.  I hate it when friendships change.
4) I'm nervous about leaving my family and not being able to talk to my mom.
5) I'm sad about leaving behind current music and my car and phone.  I know, those are definitely worldly attachments.
6) I'm a little nervous about the timeline of my schooling.  I never wanted to be one of those people who stick around BYU forever because

BUT.  I feel that this is right for me, so I'm going to go through with it and trust that the Lord is guiding me!  If it's not right, I have faith that the Lord will direct me in where I should go.  He has so far, so I'm going to take this leap.

So I'm writing this in the airport, and I think my flight is going to board here in the next little bit.  Until next time--stay tuned for a major Week in Pics soon!!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to make the best missionary! I'm so proud of you! I know you will serve the Lord well :)

    p.s. I'm excited for your Week in Pics post! :)

    ReplyDelete