Sunday, April 21, 2013

Be the Song


By Foy Vance.  One of my new favorite songs for a couple of reasons.

1) It's so chill and soothing.  I LOVE indie/alternative music.  I also REALLY love movie soundtracks.

2) It's from one of my new favorite movies, "Warm Bodies."

In the scene with this song, R, a zombie, gets glimpses of a human's memories.  Anyways, both happy and sad memories of his child-and adulthood flash across the scene while this song plays.  Some of the memories include being bullied, watching fireworks with his dad, catching a smile from his girlfriend in class, telling her that he loves her for the first time and spending time looking at the clouds with her.

I feel like this scene paired with the song evokes a lot of emotion.  (I know, I know, I'm analyzing a scene from a zombie love movie.)  It makes you feel wonder at the life's small joys, like riding a bike or spending time with someone you love.  It also makes you taste the bitter-sweetness of lows in life and moments taken for granted.

That's the thing about music.  It can make you feel SO much in just 3-6 minutes.  I feel like every song I hear--don't laugh--becomes my friend.  When I hear it, it brings back all of the memories in that time of my life.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment