Sunday, April 14, 2013

Insert creative title here.

Gah.  I can't come up with creative titles all the time, okay?

I wanted to write a little shout out to my faithful readers.  I don't know who you are, but thanks for reading!  It makes me want to continue writing.  A special recognition goes to my peeps in Plano, TX; Mountain View, CA; Hanover, Niedersachsen, Germany; College Station, TX; Mesquite, Nevada; and my peeps right here in Provo.

haha.

There are some things that I can't take seriously.  1) a guy who wears a fedora, 2) guys who wear sunglasses in their shirt, 3) guys who wear chains and 4) guys who pop their collar.

So I was just looking through some of my old pictures on my SD cards and I got to thinking about those times.  (I guess I've been feeling a little nostalgic lately.)  I wondered if I would go back and tell my old self anything, and I think if I did, it would go as such:

  • Journal more and take more pictures!!  They're so great to look back on and learn from!
  • STOP stressing about your weight and image so much!!  You look a lot better than you think you do.  And it's only going to get harder from here, so just enjoy it.
  • That being said, still watch your calories.  Don't go crazy on the junk food. And exercise more.
  • Stop worrying so much about the future.  It all works out, usually...  You've made it thus far, and look, you only have a few twitches left and the therapy sessions are almost over!
  • That one kid who likes your best friend?  Don't think twice about him.  He doesn't and won't like you.  This will save you some grief.
  • Grow out your hair.  You're going to like it a lot more than the A-line cut.  As cute as it is...you'll like longer hair better.  Don't try to grow out your bangs, you look better with bangs.  And don't part it so deeply.
I think that was about it.  My thoughts didn't get much deeper than that.

I changed my blog background to the beach.  It's an overcast day, but that's okay.  It reminds me of when my friends and I took a road trip to San Diego.  It was an overcast day then too, and I felt like I could spend FOREVER on the beach.  Everyone else was ready to peace out, but I just wanted to sit there and watch the ocean.  I LOVE the beach and am slightly obsessed with California.  I MUST move there when I get older. The background is from shabbyblogs.com, which I personally think has the cutest blog backgrounds.  I could use almost any one of them and be happy.  

I also wanted to comment on another one of my favorite Rascal Flatts songs.  It goes along with my last blog post about everything happening for a reason, etc.  The song is called "Here."  I feel like they have a lot of inspiring songs for me.  I italicized my favorite line.

"And if that's the road God made me take To be with you
Then I wouldn’t change a thing, I’d walk right back through the rain 

Back to every broken heart On the day that it was breakin'
And I’d relive all the years And be thankful for the tears I've cried with every stumble, step  

That led to you and got me here, right here"

Someday, when I have a boyfriend (or lots of cats), don't let me write huge long posts about him.  K, thanks.  Or maybe I will, who knows.  Maybe it's just hard to read as a single person?  No, I think it can get old.  Anyways...

Is that about all the randomness you can take in one post?  It is for me.

1 comment:

  1. I claim Germany!
    And that was not too much randomness!

    ReplyDelete