Friday, June 14, 2013

Cheesy wisdom

You know those moments where you feel like you're learning SO much about life, you start coming up with corny analogies, and then you will yourself to remember everything to write down later because dang, you are just SO deep right now?

haha.

I feel like this past week I've really been able to learn more about slowing down life, enjoying the little moments and working on getting my "carpe diem" on.  I also have been able to really appreciate the beauty, humility and innocence of youth through my baby brother Logan.

He's five and the biggest squirt I know.

I love him so much.  I got to spend basically the whole day with him today.  We went to Chik-fil-a, played on the playground there with my grandparents, hung out, later walked to the park together and played with the other kids, and lastly I gave him a bath before I put him down.  Pretty big day, huh?

I'm really impressed with how humble he is.  I also love how happy he is--he's always willing to laugh at (most) everything, and he (usually) listens and obeys, without questioning you.  It's such an example to me.  His eyes shine with excitement about everything.  On our little walk to the park, he was stopping every few feet to look around, pick up leaves to look at, remind me to search for pine cones on the way...

Logan makes me want to be more ready to bounce back when life knocks me down and to find the beauty in everything.  I want to be more excited with small and big things in life and laugh more.  I don't want to question Heavenly Father anymore about His will for me.  I will trust more that He knows more than me because I'm just a little kid too.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite blogs you've written so far! It totally reminds me of my little nephew! He actually was brave enough to talk to me on the phone yesterday (he usually freaks out, screams "Can't see Uncle Devin!" and then runs away), and we had a nice little conversation. He even sang a little bit of Bohemian Rhapsody for me; his little voice singing "MAMMA!" was just too cute! And it is so true that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father that wants the best for us and we need to trust Him. But yeah... if this is considered "cheesy wisdom," it's a type of really fancy cheese that only rich people get to eat at parties...

    ReplyDelete