Monday, June 3, 2013

MY MISSION CALL!!

THE CALL CAME!!  I'm sorry for writing in so many strong caps, but SERIOUSLY!! 

Okay, breathe.

I've been called to....the Illinois Chicago Mission!  I report on September 4th and will be speaking the English language.  

Reactions:
  • initially: I was surprised.  I honestly thought I would have been sent out of the country to learn a new language, or if I went in the states I would have at least learned a new language.
  • I laughed a little.  Not in mock or scorn, but I was just surprised and a little disappointed about not learning a new language.
  • Now: super stoked.  I can't believe it.  I think it will be SO awesome.
  • also comforted.  I think it will be nice to be able to adequately (hopefully haha) express myself in English rather than struggling to understand what the heck is going on.
  • comforted because it will be nice to be in the States and know that I'll have everything that I'll need.  That will be nice.  No worries about lack of make-up, or rodent/insect infested tents out in the middle of Madagascar.
  • really excited that it's going to be a cool city.  I'm so excited.  I'm kind of glad it wasn't like Wisconsin, or North Dakota (no offense to those places).
  • Extremely nervous.  I can't believe that I'll actually be going on a mission.  Me, serving a mission.  Is this real!?
  • Overwhelmed with all that I have to do--I still need to get my wisdom teeth out, possibly get a new bike (that's when I get there to Chicago), get the clothes I need for it...
  • Overwhelmed because I'm going to miss everyone SO MUCH.  I'm freaking out.  
I told Emers about it, and she sent me a couple of pictures in return...
This was the first picture she sent, saying that it was in response to going to Chicago, since it's her second favorite city, next to London.

Here's the second picture, a "shout out from Arizona."

This is from when she was at the MTC still, her "being weird."  
I miss her so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment