Saturday, June 22, 2013

The 100 Day Chocolate Fast

So.  I did it.

If you'll remember, a while back something possessed me to give up chocolate for 100 days.  Crazy, right?

There's really only one time that I can remember it being REALLY hard during this experience.  (It was when a boy brought over awesome coffee-free lattes from the Cocoa Bean for our whole apartment, if you must know.) Other than that, it actually wasn't too bad.

Soooooo today was the first time I had chocolate in a longggg time.  (I don't consider the time when I was half-way through a cookie and realized there were white chocolate chips but couldn't taste them anyways...or the time when I squeezed the last drops from my brother's chocolate milk and barely tasted it.  ooohhh, bad gurrrrr...)

In celebration, I ate 3 See's Candies (California Brittle), 1 pint of fudge-swirled frozen yogurt, and probably about 3/4 cup of chocolate milk.  (Gross, I shouldn't have listed all that.)

Anyways, I think I'm going to stick with the whole "no-chocolate" thing.  It turns out, I don't really want to go back to the chocolate-craving dependent that I used to be.

In addition, I'm going to give up white flour for 100 days, starting tomorrow.  I'd really like to become gluten-free eventually.  Today my mom told me about these people who have gone on the raw diet for a REALLY long time and have actually CHANGED THEIR EYE COLOR.  Crazy, right??  I'm going to research it right now.

Obviously, I won't be able to go on a completely gluten-free diet on my mission, much less a raw diet.  However, it's something that I'd like to work towards.

Why, you might ask?  What in the heck would ever compel me to pass up fresh homemade bread, or creamy rich pasta!?  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in my blog yet or not, but my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. (She's considered to be cancer-free now).  She has mentioned to me that if she could redo her life, she would have given up sugar and gluten a long time ago.  Because she has noticed that our bodies are wired the same way (gaining weight first/last in the same areas, etc.), she suggested that I do the same.

Let me tell you, this was enough for me to really want to radically change my diet.  I don't want to have to go through the weight and other health problems (CANCER) she has in the past.  I'm going to do EVERYTHING in my power to live healthfully and treat my body well.

Besides, I definitely want a hardcore rockin' body.

1 comment:

  1. I had chocolate today - and yesterday - and probably the day before too! Yes, I'm bad. Congrats to you for having the willpower to give it up for 100 days!

    I'm sorry to hear that you mom had cancer. I glad that she's in remission now. Good for you for wanting to be healthier. I keep thinking I need to start getting serious about eating a lot healthier. It just doesn't seem to happen though.

    ReplyDelete