Friday, July 12, 2013

All Sortsa Rando

Here's another one of those random posts...here we go!

I changed the background of my blog!   I usually stuck with the damask-type backgrounds, but I kind of like the fresh white.  I also am in the process of converting my blog to look like one of my favorite bloggers, sooooo....

I got a new job!  I'm not going to include the specific name of the store (this will allow me to share any experiences if I have any funny stories)...but it's my first job in retail.  It was a huge blessing to be able to get the job for such a short span of time.  I pretty much got hired on the spot because it was someone from my church.  (All about who you know, not what you know for sure haha.)  Some thoughts about it: 1) If I ever go crazy, I feel like the only sound that will be echoing in my head will be hangers constantly scratching against metal.  2) I think this job will give me severe OCD from having to rearrange things to line up perfectly.  By the end of this experience, if my closet isn't perfectly organized, I'll probably stress it.  3) It's nice to be working in a cooler (temperature-wise) place versus a hot kitchen. No more gritty sweaty face at the end. 4) I miss the kitchen because I was in my element (but then again, I wasn't in my element at the beginning of that job either, so it just takes time, right?). 5) It's growing for me to try something new and be forced to talk to people all day. 6) For some reason, whenever I personally shop, I always felt like the employees have the most fashion credibility.  It's kind of cool being in that position, imagining that people view me in that way.  (Now whether they do or not, that's a different story...!) 7) Even though I walked faster and harder in catering, my feet are more sore at the end of the day in retail, probably because I have to wear "fashionable shoes" rather than tennis shoes and have longer hours.

I've also wanted to write about my favorite movies.  They are (in no particular order) 1) (500) Days of Summer 2) Moulin Rouge 3) My Big Fat Greek Wedding 4) Arthur and 5) Ever After.  Those are the only ones that I have practically memorized.  Those are the top five, but I also like the cheesy chick flicks, like Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail and The Lakehouse (the honorable mentions.) My favorite movies to quote include Mean Girls, Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre and the Incredibles.  I also have this freakish love of The Lorax.

Usually people who see (500) Days of Summer hate it at first.  Or they continue to hate it and they don't give it a second chance.  Why people hate it at first: the main boy and girl don't end up together.  What the--!?  Why people should absolutely love it: at the end (spoiler alert!) the movie alludes to Tom being able to find another person, despite being heartbroken.  Even when you're down and don't think that there will ever be another significant other (or if you want, you can adapt it to best friend), there will be someone there for you. You just have to be open, patient and willing to wait for it. I also love the mini lesson Summer teaches Tom.  She talks about how she ended up with someone other than Tom because it was just meant to be, and destiny could in fact be real.  This movie IS a love story encouraging belief in love, even though the narrator says it's not!!

Other random thoughts: I'm getting more and more nervous for the mish.  Mainly I'm nervous about finishing up all of the preparations, like buying all of the missionary clothes, etc.

This is *not* complaining, so don't feel bad for me...but I hate dreaming as of late.  As a little kid I used to love waking up in the morning and running to my mom to tell her what I had just dreamt.  Now...not so much.  I'm having a lot more bad dreams, and I think it's because I'm worried or subconsciously fearful or something.

For example, there I was in the airport, trying to find my gate.  I was about halfway to my gate when this sales lady stopped me and started selling me something.  I told her I really must go, I was about to miss my flight, please let me go...okay, only five more minutes, if I catch a ride on one of those car thingies.  When she let me go, I caught a ride with these two girls...but they ended up going shopping!  I kept on telling them thank you for the ride, I appreciated it, but I really need to get to my gate.  They would look at me and then continue shopping.  I finally decided to leave and try running to catch the plane...but I was in kitten heels and had to run up and down all of these flights of stairs.  When I made it there, I saw one of my best friends, Megan, there waiting for me and slightly bugged that I made her miss the flight.

I looked up the dream interpretation on dreammoods.com, and it reads: "To dream that you miss your flight or a connection indicates that you are feeling helpless and trapped by some situation. You feel that you are being held back, either physically or mentally. Alternatively, the dream may also suggest that you are feeling disconnected in some aspect of your life - work, relationship or home life."

Hmmm.  Another scary dream I've had includes the toilet.  Gross, I know.  This is actually a recurring dream for me.  Usually I a) can't find a toilet, b) can't find a toilet with a stall, or c) if I do find a toilet with a stall, something's wrong with the stall and I still have to maintain some type of privacy while peeing in front of a lot of people.  The interpretation: "To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, a bathroom symbolizes purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.  To dream that you are in a public restroom with no stalls or that there are a lot of people around while you are trying to do your business signifies your frustrations about getting enough privacy.  You are always putting others ahead of your own needs.  As a result, you are lacking a sense of personal space.  Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are having difficulties letting go of old emotions.  You are afraid that if you reveal these feelings, then others around you will judge and criticize you.  To dream that you can not find the bathroom or that you have difficulties finding one indicates that you have difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions.  You are holding back your true feelings about something."

Nice, right.  I think dream interpretations are so interesting, and I believe they really can reflect the truth in your life.  I think the privacy thing is true...Right now my "bedroom" is in my dad's office, where there is a bed and some space for my suitcase.  So every morning if I'm not up by 8, I'm woken up by my dad coming in to start work.

Anyways.

Today we took Logan to do a special photo shoot for this photographer in our ward (church).  We dressed him up like Dracula in preparation for their Halloween season.  (Sidenote: I LOVE Halloween, but I'm going to be missing the next TWO Halloweens of my life for my mission.  I'm happy to do it, but sad that that's the way the timing worked out.)  It was great because we got a little treat for Logan after, and so naturally, my mom and I did too.  We picked out a "Jacked Up" cakeball--it had Jack Daniels and Coke in it (the alcohol was baked out).  The flavor was good, but I LOVE cakeballs, regardless.

Which sugar reminds me--about health.  I went to a cycling class on Wednesday for the first time ever.  Thoughts: 1) I wanted to either throw up or die.  Throwing up would probably be a better alternative than death as it would still leave me on this earth, but dang it was intense.  2) I had always heard that cycling's hard/strange to experience at first, but then you get hooked.  I'm not so sure I'll get hooked, but I know it's worth going back.  3) The lady who taught one of the aqua classes I went to also taught this cycle class.  She's a little overweight--it's not like her body's perfect (not that I can judge)--and the aqua class she taught was not very challenging.  It probably was because she was catering to a bunch of old folks.  So with the judgement of her body and her aqua class, I was all like, yeah, I totally got this cycling class!  I can be as active as old Mary here.  Nah dude.  She's this crazy bicyclist and I got my butt kicked.  4) Whenever I get my trash kicked at the gym like that, I ALWAYS think man, I need to shape up my diet, why do I eat the way I do, if I didn't eat all that crap this morning, I wouldn't have to bust my butt like this, I freakin' hate chocolate right now, I'm going to die right here in this gym...

That's all I feel like writing right now.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I really need to find a new one. There was tons of drama last semester, and some over the summer too. I got lectured by my boss over it too, which was not fun. I figured I could either roll my eyes throughout it and get in more trouble, or just ignore her and think of something else. So I ignored her and just said, "Mmmhmm," during her pauses.

    I LOVED 500 Days of Summer. I had to watch it for one of my classes and write a paper on it, so it really made me think the message behind it.

    I haven't remembered a dream in awhile, but today I dreamed I was visiting someone and kept finding spiders in their house. The spiders weren't doing anything, just hanging out on the wall or where ever. Most of the dreams I do remember are usually pretty weird. Gonna check out that website.

    I've been trying to eat healthier. I've had to help another office at work move into another building, so I've been really active this past week. With that, I've been trying to eat healthier too. Today I ate bad though, so I blew it. Oh well, there's always next week...

    ReplyDelete